Peter's top 10 bars n clubs picks
1. Toy Café: This tiny bar packs in the crowds night after night. Patrons spill out onto the street. Don’t miss DJ Nikitas’ set on Friday nights.
2. Briki: Greats drinks and people watching in a stylish setting. 5 minutes from Syntagma on a hidden side street.
3. Bartessera: Tucked inside a historic buildings courtyard this little bar/gallery/restaurant packs them in all day long. Excellent drinks, great little kitchen for simple bar food and rotating art exhibits. Watch out for the naughty clown that frequents the place.
4. Frame:This stylish outdoor bar attracts a great crowd summer/fall crowd.
Kolonaki (just below the St. George Lycabettos Hotel)
5. TAF (the Art Foundation)
6, Noramanou Street: Totally hidden bar/gallery on a small alley one block off Abyssinias Sqaure. Spectacular space with a lovely garden and wonderful gallery spaces. Worth a visit to see a traditional 19th Greek multi-family dwelling.
7. Booze Cooperative: Local smoke filled hangout with excellent inexpensive drinks. A giant communal table dominates the main room filled with young people having coffee or a cocktail and playing backgammon.
8. Mageze: This stylish bar/restaurant attracts a mixed gay/straight crowd. Not a place for dinner but just for bar food. Sit outside, inside, upstairs, out back etc..
Plateia Agia Irini
9. Fresh Hotel: Stylish hotel with a great roof top deck for a sunset cocktail.
10. Sodade: Gay, fun, Greek music in front and international in the back. Doesn’t get started until after 1 am every night. Week-ends runs till very late.